Friday, March 30, 2012

Repurposed and Redesigned :)



Sometimes I look at some of my older designs and ask myself, "What were you thinking?" Not that those pieces are ugly or anything, it's just that they stop speaking to me. So I end up pulling them out of stores and put them in the 'someday I'll figure out something else to do with these' box.
                                             Well, this is that moment.

 I decided to try something a little different and I absolutely love the results. I was browsing around the bead store last week and saw these bags full of ribbons of cut up saris. AHA!!!!!! Bought some. I ran home, well, drove home, and ran up the stairs to my studio, pulled out some of those older pieces out of that box and just started going crazy. I have brought new life into them and am just ecstatic.

                                                



These are coiled guitar strings from my Guitar String Jewelry line that I wrapped with the sari ribbons.  I can't wait to make more of these in different colors.


     These guys are pieces that I wove, wrapped and knotted ribbon around and through to give them a whole new and unique, unboring look.  I also added some bobbles and charms.  

                                     



                                                         



The crazier part of all this is that I had a skirt hanging in my closet that is made of recycled saris.  Boing went my brain again.  Out came the scissors.  Now all I have to do is wait for the strips to dry because I have them "crinkling" on my shelf.  

So, another project, another creative adventure, another reason to get my butt out of bed in the morning.  And most importantly, another awesome collection of cool jewelry designs.  

Blessings to you all and thanks for stopping by and reading my blog
Martie

1 comment:

  1. Love those. I remake jewelry all the time. Just yesterday I took a piece apart and turned the focal piece around and that was it. Love that you are recycling and repurposing.

    ReplyDelete